Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Moroni 7:33-37

Christ told us if we have faith in Him, we will have power to do whatever is appropriate in Him. “And Christ truly said unto our fathers: If ye have faith ye can do all things which are expedient unto me” (Moroni 10:23).

“Whatsoever ye ask the Father in my name it shall be given unto you, that is expedient for you;
“And if ye ask anything that is not expedient for you, it shall turn unto your condemnation” (D&C 88:64-65).

The Lord has called all men to repent. “Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day” (3 Nephi 27:20).

“Therefore, repent all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me, and believe in my gospel, and be baptized in my name; for he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned; and signs shall follow them that believe in my name” (Ether 4:18).

“Because ‘no unclean thing can dwell with God,’ in order to live with Him again we will need to be cleansed of sin and sanctified. If we had to do this alone, none of us would make it. But we are not alone. In fact, we are never alone.

“We have heaven’s help because of Jesus Christ and His Atonement. The Savior said, ‘If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me.’ When faith is exercised, faith increases.”[1]

After they repent, they are to come to Him and be baptized. Then, have faith in Him to be saved.

Mormon tells us if the things which he has written are true, at the last day, God will show us with power and glory they are true. “And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness” (2 Nephi 33:11).

“And in the mouth of three witnesses shall these things be established; and the testimony of three, and this work, in the which shall be shown forth the power of God and also his word, of which the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost bear record—and all this shall stand as a testimony against the world at the last day.
“And if it so be that they repent and come unto the Father in the name of Jesus, they shall be received into the kingdom of God.
“And now, if I have no authority for these things, judge ye; for ye shall know that I have authority when ye shall see me, and we shall stand before God at the last day. Amen” (Ether 5:4-6).

He then asks a pointed question, “if they are true has the day of miracles ceased” (Moroni 7:35).
“And now, O all ye that have imagined up unto yourselves a god who can do no miracles, I would ask of you, have all these things passed, of which I have spoken? Has the end come yet? Behold I say unto you, Nay; and God has not ceased to be a God of miracles” (Mormon 9:15).

“For I am God, and mine arm is not shortened; and I will show miracles, signs, and wonders, unto all those who believe on my name” (D&C 35:8).

Have angels ceased to appear to us? Had he withheld the power of the Holy Ghost? “[W]ill he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man upon the face thereof to be saved” (Moroni 7:36).

No, for it is through faith miracles occur. “And no one need say they shall not come, for they surely shall, for the Lord hath spoken it; for out of the earth shall they come, by the hand of the Lord, and none can stay it; and it shall come in a day when it shall be said that miracles are done away; and it shall come even as if one should speak from the dead” (Mormon 8:36).

“And the reason why he ceaseth to do miracles among the children of men is because that they dwindle in unbelief, and depart from the right way, and know not the God in whom they should trust” (Mormon 9:20).

It is through faith, angles appear and minister to men. If these things have ceased it is because of our unbelieve. “And I would exhort you, my beloved brethren, that ye remember that he is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and that all these gifts of which I have spoken, which are spiritual, never will be done away, even as long as the world shall stand, only according to the unbelief of the children of men” (Moroni 10:19).


[1] Your Next Step, Elder Randall K. Bennett, October 2015 General Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment